Forum of Sweetness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forum of Sweetness!

Go down

Welcome to the Forum of Sweetness! Empty Welcome to the Forum of Sweetness!

Post  Mod Fanta Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 pm

The Sweetness forums are an awesome way for people to communicate, help each other, and play games. We want the forums to be a safe, secure and of course, a fun place to be.

By the time you've read the forum Code of Conduct, you'll no doubt be chomping at the bit in eagerness to post. What follows is a little guide to help you make the most out of your time here and hopefully, answer any questions you may have.

Have fun! afro

Last edited by Mod Fanta on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod Fanta
Mod Fanta
Admin

http://fantabulistic.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Forum of Sweetness! Empty Re: Welcome to the Forum of Sweetness!

Post  Mod Fanta Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:09 pm

"I don't understand, what is a forum sticky?"

From time to time it is necessary to ensure that a thread remains at the top of the forum, even if it is not being posted in. We call them "stickies" (also known as a pinned/stuck topic) and it will have this icon next to it's title.

"I am now ready to navigate around the forums. How do I get started?"

Once you've logged in, have agreed to the terms and conditions, clicked "Enter Forums", you're good to go!

Most of the forums are self explanatory but if you're not sure which is the best forum for you, you could do a lot worse than check out the main "Welcome!" thread which has a summary of all the forums available.

"How do I view a thread?"

To view a thread, just click on the forum you wish to enter (for example "General") and then click on the thread title itself.

"How do I search for a particular thread?"

If you look to the top of the forums, locate the "Search" button you'll rather predictably be taken to a page enabling you to search for threads. Fancy that!

Much like any other search engine, if you type in key phrases of what you're looking for, you'll be met with a list of potential threads for you to choose from.

If you want to narrow your search to *only* threads that containing all keywords, put some quote marks around the words. For example, typing Awesome Dude will give you many results containing either the words Awesome or Dude as well as those containing both. Entering "Awesome Dude" however will reveal only threads containing both of those words.

"How do I create a thread of my own?"

If you wish to create your own thread, click on the "New thread" link in your specifically chosen forum and go for it. If you're looking for an answer to a question that you think may have been answered already elsewhere, you may like to save yourself some time by seeing if it's already been posted.

Thanks and have fun using the forums! geek
Mod Fanta
Mod Fanta
Admin

http://fantabulistic.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum